|Date of birth||15 August 1769|
|Date of death||5 May 1821|
|Planet of origin||Earth, Europe, France, Corsica, Ajaccio|
|Profession||Former president of Italy; |
Former emperor of France;
Former king of Italy
|First appearance||Bender's Big Score|
|Wikipedia has information unrelated to Futurama|
Napoleon (full name Napoleon Bonaparte) is a French former military and political leader of Italian descent who, in the 19th century, was emperor of France and king of Italy. He was also president of Italy. By 3007, he had been turned into a head in a jar and taken to the Head Museum. [BBS]
Bender has on a few occasions dressed as Napoleon.
Bender as Napoleon
- In "Roswell that Ends Well" (3ACV19), Bender says that he does not want to have to memorise a lot of new kings when he gets back to the 31st century.
- 3ACV20, Bender's Big Score, and 6ACV10 were written by the same person.
- In Bender's Game, where Bender returns to the asylum, Bender announces that he is placing himself in command of the royal army of Wipe Castle.
Fry: Bender's been no help at all.
[Bender is wearing a bicorne.]
Bender: Je suis Napoleon! 
[He laughs.] No. Seriously. I'm not.
Amy: Bender! You should be more ashamed of yourself than usual.
Bender: Ah... Lighten up, honey.  I'm just tryna get through a difficult time using humour.
Bender: Buddy...  You may be a pile of rotting meat, but inside... you've got the spirit of a robot.
Fry: Awww. Thanks, Bender.
Bender: Just like inside me... I've got the spirit of a singin' Napoleon.
[He puts on his bicorne.] If I may... [He clears his throat and starts playing his banjo.]
[singing] Got a friend named Fry
He's a pretty-nice guy
Could rip out his lungs and he might well die
If there's two things he's not
It's a cool robot 
Or the emperor of France
[Bender stops playing. Hermes, Zoidberg, the professor, Fry, and Leela applaud.]
Zoidberg: What a showman!
[3ACV11] (deleted scene)
- ^ In 3001, he disguised himself as "Og — gorilla emperor of Earth". [2ACV19]
- ^ See also Decision 3012#Production.
- ^ See also French language.
- ^ See also Bender-Amy relationship.
- ^ See also Fry-Bender relationship.
- ^ For the last two verses, Bender is voiced by David X. Cohen. (David X. Cohen is one of the people who were considered for the role of Bender before John DiMaggio was cast.)