|Location||New New York|
|First appearance||"Leela and the Genestalk" (7ACV22)|
It has a stage for line dancing, which was used by the whole crew, and has a mechanical buggalo, which was ridden by Bender, Fry, the professor, Hermes, and Leela. Whoever manages to ride the buggalo for the longest gets a free steak dinner. It also has a command centre, located somewhere in Texas. When the crew rode, there was a cowboy's skeleton on the chandelier. During Leela's ride, the buggalo malfunctioned, and she was not able to let go, because, due to her squidification, her hand was stuck to the saddle, so the buggalo had to be shot. She rode for 48.3 seconds, winning the prize.
Leela seems to have eaten a bucket of hot wings there.
- The name "Tex 1138's" is a reference to the 1971 film THX 1138, directed by Star Wars creator George Lucas.
- An image of Leela riding the mechanical buggalo is used on the episode menu for Volume 8.
Notes and references
- ^ Jesse David Fox (05 February 2013). Watch a Preview of Futurama’s Seventh Season. (Vulture.com.) Retrieved on 08 August 2013.
- ^ a b Countdown to Futurama: Planet Express Crew Line-Dancing. (Comedy Central's Tumblr page.) 30 May 2013. Retrieved on 08 August 2013.
- ^ Amy's mother was replaced with a random man for the episode. It's possible that the scene originally took place at the Wong Ranch.
- ^ Commentary for "Leela and the Genestalk" on Volume 8, disc 2.