"We're boned" is one of Bender's most well-known catchphrases. It is a statement of disdain for the situation at hand, e.g. "we're screwed", usually uttered when the outcome seems inescapable and will turn out poorly for him.
There are a few variants of the phrase that have been used in Futurama. If a variant is used more than once, only it's first appearance is listed here.
- "Well, we're boned." -- Bender, first uttered when the police arrive to arrest everyone for being job deserters (1ACV01). The most common variant.
- "I'm boned." -- Bender, after CCTV cameras catch him shoplifting cans of Mom's Old-Fashioned Robot Oil (1ACV06).
- "...Pft, they are royally boned." -- Bender, about Lrrr's chances of seeing a show that hasn't existed for 1000 years (1ACV12).
- "...Are we boned?" -- Bender, after Leela sees that Fry is too busy drinking Slurm to save them (1ACV13).
- "Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee." -- Bender, composing his masterpiece while lamenting his eternal drift through space (3ACV20).
- "Methinks we be boned." -- Titanius Anglesmith, after seeing Momon's army outside the walls of Wipe Castle (5ACV12).
- "Aaaaand...boned." -- Bender, after Planet Express goes bankrupt (6ACV20).