Animatic:Game of Tones
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Revision as of 16:48, 31 December 2013 by Sanfazer
Differences from final copy
- The tones are different.
- Instead of "ARBOR DAY", the caption reads "LUNCHTIME". 
- Two parrots in a forest hear the tones. 
- An Indian man meditating on a cliff (Billy West) hears the tones. He looks up and yells "yo, God! I thought I told you to shut up!". 
- Instead of "I don't know if you've heard the news, but... it's good, everyone!", the professor says "I don't know if everyone's heard the news, but... it's good!".
- Instead of "what song is deece?", Hermes says "what song is this?".
- Instead of "your singing is awful! I can't take it anymore!", Shazam says "you sing too badly for Shazam to grant your request". 
Instead of David Herman, Shazam is voiced by Phil LaMarr.
- Bender sings a song, which Shazam then identifies as «"Bender Is Great", by Bender». Bender says "I knew it!". 
- Instead of "why am I the only one whining?", Fry says "where have I heard that before?".
- Instead of "what part of Fry's brain becomes active when he hears it", the professor says "what part of Fry's brain becomes active when he hears the tones".
- The sound that the brain scanner makes is different.
- In the scene where the professor scans Fry's brain, instead of by the alien ship, the tones are produced by a kazoo, played by Scruffy. The professor says "Scruffy. Would you honour us?", to which Scruffy replies "yes, sir. Right away, sir".  
Scruffy is not voiced by David Herman.
- In the scene where the professor says that there is no time to lose, the radio-cranial dream injector is different.
- Instead of "my last day in the past", Fry says "the rest of that day".
- After Fry says "wow", the professor says "oops".
- Instead of Seth MacFarlane, Seymour is voiced by Maurice LaMarche.
This is likely because Seth MacFarlane had not recorded his line yet.
- Instead of "find the source of the music", the professor says "find those tones".
- The montage begins with a scene in Fry's living room. Fry is trying to light a match in front of the fireplace. His father, in military uniform, pushes him aside and drops a grenade in the fireplace. The grenade explodes and they salute each other. 
- The song "1999" plays during the montage.
- The sound that the game makes is different.
- The scene outside Panucci's begins with Fry saying "I made this delivery on my bike".
- Instead of "while waiting for him to knock some idiot's chair over", Digby says "while waiting for him to finish his assignment".
- Instead of Digby, the line "remember where we parked?" is spoken by Nibbler. However, for this line, Nibbler speaks in Digby's voice.
- The line "no. You?" is not spoken.
- Instead of "the boss gave me a spare key and I began going planet to planet, looking for the company car", Digby says "eventually, I retrieved the spare key and began scouring the universe for the company car".
For this line, instead of Maurice LaMarche, he is voiced by David X. Cohen.
- Instead of "why did you have to blast us with that deafening music?", Amy says "why did you have to blast our planet with that deafening music?".
- Instead of "what? You mean the key fob?", Digby says "that? That was my mega-remote".
- Instead of "I know exactly where you left your ship", Fry says "I'll show you where you left your ship".
Notes and references
- ^ Animators commentary for "Game of Tones" on Volume 8, disc 2.
- ^ "DannyJC13" (09 July 2013). Futurama: Saturday Morning Fun Pit animatic. (PEEL.) Retrieved on 31 December 2013.
- ^ Excerpts of the animatic released online. Retrieved on 31 December 2013.
- ^ a b c Available as a deleted scene (in black-and-white).
- ^ a b c d Available as a deleted scene (in colour).
- ^ This scene is not present in the excerpts of the animatic released online, but rather appears on the D.V.D..