Democratic Order of Planets
|Democratic Order of Planets|
|Location||Weehauken, New Jersey, Earth|
|Organisation type||Intergalactic supranational organisation|
|First appearance||"Love's Labours Lost in Space" (1ACV04)|
The Democratic Order of Planets (known commonly by its acronym, DOOP) is a collective organization of planets who gather together to provide a limited sort of shared governance. The extent of their real authority is unknown, but they have been compared to the United Nations, or the Federation from Star Trek.
They were briefly housed in a four hundred billion dollar ($400,000,000,000) space station orbiting The Neutral Planet, which was destroyed by Zapp Brannigan during the ceremony to celebrate its completion (2ACV02). Afterwards, they returned to their former headquarters in Weehauken, New Jersey.
DOOP maintains a fleet of ships which, under the direction of their flagship the Nimbus and its captain Zapp Brannigan, engage in a variety of humanitarian conquests (2ACV17), as well as occassionally being called in to defend a member planet (1ACV12)
Known Officials & Officers
- Zapp Brannigan, 25-Star General, Captain of the Nimbus
- Kif Kroker, Fourth Officer on the Nimbus
Known Member Races & Planets
- Insectoid planet (name unknown)
- Space-Lizard planet (name unknown)
- Planet Amazonia
- Amphibios 9
- The Neutral Planet
- Chapek 9
- Nylar 4
- Decapod 10
Although an Omicronian is seen during the trial, he isn't wearing an orange sash, so it can be assumed that Omicronians are not members of the DOOP (which explains their frequent war-like behaviour).
- Debris from former new Headquarters, in orbit around The Neutral Planet
- Headquarters, Weehauken, New Jersey, Earth
- Nimbus, flagship of the DOOP fleet
- The DOOP Army
- DOOP Helicopters
- The DOOP logo is a rotational ambigram, which means that it appears the same upside-down as it would normally.