Ed's Hiking Supplies & Spelunketeria
|Ed's Hiking Supplies |
|Location||New New York|
|First appearance||"Godfellas" |
Ed's Hiking Supplies & Spelunketeria is a store where Fry and Leela went in 3002, [3ACV20] before going on an expedition to a monastery high in the Himalayas, where they hoped to use the universe's most powerful radio telescope to look for Bender, who was lost in space. They bought a long-sleeved coat, a pack mule, and a sherpa, the last two of which were seemingly being kept on a shelf, or perhaps were hanging on the wall.
- The word "spelunketeria" refers to the hobby of spelunking. 
- In "Insane in the Mainframe", Fry's smell causes a bank teller to identify him as a "wealthy mule farmer".
- The store's clerk, possibly named Ed, is voiced by John DiMaggio.
- In the commentary for 3ACV20, no one talks during the entire store scene — the longest that the commentary goes without speech.
- In the commentary for 3ACV20, the writer of the episode — Ken Keeler — says that, in the script, the sherpa (who is voiced by David Herman) was designated Namgyal, which is the birth given name of Nepalese mountaineer Tenzing Norgay — one of the first two people to climb Mount Everest (which is located in the Himalayas).
Fry: Sir... I'm outfitting an expedition to a monastery high in the Himalayas. I'll need a long-sleeved coat.
[He has a brief exchange with Leela.]
[while covering his ears; shouting] I'd also like a pack mule.
Clerk: [shouting] At once, sir.