Fry and Leela's Big Fling
|← Previous||Navigation in production order||Next →|
|← Previous||Navigation in broadcast order||Next →|
|Season 7 episode|
Broadcast season 10 episode
|Fry and Leela's Big Fling|
|Written by||Eric Rogers|
|Directed by||Edmund Fong|
|Title caption||WATCH IT OR DIE TRYING|
|First air date||19 June, 2013|
"Fry and Leela's Big Fling" is the one hundred and thirty-first episode of Futurama, the seventeenth of the seventh production season and the second of the tenth broadcast season. It aired on 19 June, 2013, on Comedy Central. Fry and Leela's romantic vacation goes disturbingly wrong.
In January 2012, Eric Rogers made two revelations concerning the episode. On 17 January, he revealed that he was the author of the episode. On 23 January, he revealed that the animatic for the episode would be screened two days later.
Leela's often-mentioned ex-boyfriend Sean, who has his first on-screen appearance in this episode.
- The resort's name is Casa Isolada Eco Resort. "Casa isolada" is Portuguese for "isolated house".
- Fry and Leela play the Marco Polo game. Marco Polo was an Italian traveller whose journey inspired Christopher Columbus, another Italian traveller. Columbus is parodied in this episode.
- Prairie elephants are a mix of elephants and prairie dogs.
- Zoidberg tells Bender to "listen to Sparkles", referring to Amy. In "The Problem with Popplers", Zoidberg says "listen to the father", also referring to Amy.
- Leela claims it's impossible to remove her wristlojackimator without cutting off her arm, but in previous episodes she could remove it like a bracelet.
- When Darlene walks in while Fry and Sean are fighting, Fry's pants are layered over his right arm for a second.
- Click here to see cultural mentions made in this episode.
- Fry and Leela order two giant ants in Elzar's. Outside on the sign it says "THEM! ANY STYLE". This is a reference to the 1954 monster film Them!.
- On Simian 7, there is an advertisement for Blue Ass Group, a reference to the musical ensemble Blue Man Group.
- Colobus Circle is a parody of Manhattan's Columbus Circle.
- The name "Smithsimian" is a play on the words "Smithsonian" and "simian".
- The Awesome Express uniforms[3ACV12] appear once again.
- Zoidberg previously referred to Fry as "the Fry" in "The Prisoner of Benda".
- Fry previously performed karate in "Attack of the Killer App" and "2-D Blacktop".
- Bender previosuly said "oh, your God" in "Amazon Women in the Mood". He has also said "as your god is my witness", in "Brannigan, Begin Again".
- Bone Vampires[6ACV22] and a Cyclophage[6ACV01] are kept as exhibits in the City Zoo on Simian 7. Pictures of them can also be seen in Dr. Banjo's office.
- It is interesting to note that both of these creatures are endangered/extinct.
- The moon worm, which Al Gore's head claimed that he had ridden,[4ACV08] is finally seen.
Leela: Sean, I'd like you to meet Fry, he and I are... What would you say we are, Fry?
Fry: Nude and interrupted.
[Amy approaches Zoidberg whilst dressed like a marmoset.]
Amy: I'm not sure this marmoset disguise is working...
Zoidberg: I'm not sure either. We better ask Amy!
Bender: You were in a zoo!
- ^ Eric Rogers (17 January 2012). Kitchelfilms. (Twitter.) Retrieved on 22 January 2012.
- ^ Eric Rogers (23 January 2012). Kitchelfilms. (Twitter.) Retrieved on 24 January 2012.
- ^ Jesse David Fox (05 February 2013). Watch a Preview of Futurama’s Seventh Season. (Vulture.com.) Retrieved on 17 August 2013.
- ^ Countdown to Futurama: I Want My Dollar. (Comedy Central's Tumblr page.) 18 June 2013. Retrieved on 18 June 2013.
- ^ Eric Rogers (24 January 2012). Kitchelfilms. (Twitter.) Retrieved on 24 January 2012.