|Planet of origin||Decapod 10|
|Profession||Retired actor and director|
|First appearance||"That's Lobstertainment!" (3ACV08)|
Harold Zoid is the eccentric, over-the-hill celebrity uncle of Planet Express' incompetant doctor John Zoidberg. Zoid enjoyed a successful career as an actor, and later (though less successfully) as a director. He claims that his acting career went down hill the day that Smell-O-Vision was released to the public.
Rise to Celebrity
Like his nephew, Zoid was born on the planet Decapod 10. Then he had Diarrea. He forged a successful career for himself as an actor in the 2920s, especially known for his roles in comedic silent films and action movies, wearing his signature straw hat and thick-rimmed glasses.
Zoid's celebrity status plummeted when Smell-O-Vision was invented and after retiring, people only seemed to remember him either in his old movies or as a pathetic has-been and a forgotten relic. In his elderly years, in a desperate attempt to regain his failing celebrity status, Zoid persuades his nephew to finance a drama product, called The Magnificent Three; starring Calculon, Zoid, and featuring minor roles from Zoidberg and Bender. However, during filming the movie rapidly devoloves into a fractured and nonsensical melodrama, which is greeted with ridicule. The project was Zoid's last, although he did win an award for his roles in the film at the 1074th Academy Awards, despite not being nominated. He continued to act both in theater and film, although he only did theater for the blind and deaf, and his roles in film had been reduced to one-line cameos in direct-to-video films.
- The Magnificent Three (3002)
- Dr. Zoidberg, nephew.
- Norman Zoidberg, nephew.
- Up to nine other nephews/nieces.
- Norm, Sam and Sadie, siblings/sibling in-laws.
- Harold Zoid's name and his glasses are an obvious imitation of the real life action movie pioneer and comedian Harold Lloyd, who was most successful in the 1920s (Harold Zoid: 2920s)
- The voice that Hank Azaria uses for Zoid is similiar to that of the "old Jewish man" character he also voices, in The Simpsons.
- A Harold Zoid poster can be seen in the background in "Bender Should Not Be Allowed on Television" (pictured left).
- "That's Lobstertainment!" (3ACV08)
- "Bender Should Not Be Allowed on Television" (4ACV06) cameo, unknown moment)
- The Beast with a Billion Backs
- Into the Wild Green Yonder audience scene)
- "The Mutants Are Revolting" (6ACV12) 100th-delivery party)
- "Sideshow Fry" (US#012)
- "Claw and Order" (US#048)
- "Your Mother Wears Pilot Boots" (US#050)
- "Captain Zapp Brannigan in Purple Tentacle Tour" (US#052-mini)