|Relatives||See Family section|
|First appearance||"A Big Piece of Garbage" (1ACV08)|
|Voiced by||Maurice LaMarche|
Morbo the Annihillator is one of the little known species of yellow-eyed aliens with gigantic heads, the husband of Fawn, and the father of her numerous belligerent offspring. He is also a widely known television presenter. Morbo started as a reporter in Los Angeles, and now co-hosts several shows on Channel √2, most prominently, the news, with Linda van Schoonhoven, with whom he maintains a relationship that is at least odd.
A violent alien and a good friend of President Richard Nixon, he is also obsessed with taking over Earth, mentioning it very frequently. Apparently, he is the scout of an impending alien invasion, although it is possible that his evil is just an act used to increase ratings. Morbo always refers to himself in the third person, and his exposed torso is terrifying beyond imagination.
Together with his wife, he attended the party in the Museum of Natural History following the victory of Earthicans to Spiderians (4ACV16), the opera Fry wrote (4ACV18), and the Violet Dwarf Star Implosion ceremomy (ITWGY).
In 3010, Morbo the Annihillator was seen in a recorded video shown in the V-GINY (6ACV02), announced the first known ad for the eyePhone (6ACV03), covered the passing of Proposition ∞ and consequent legalization of robosexual marriage (6ACV04), hosted the Who Dares to Be a Millionaire? game show (6ACV05), and announced Doom at 11 (6ACV10). He also attended the Annual Astor Endowment Fundraiser (6ACV12).
- Channel √2 News (co-host with Linda)
- Good Morning, Earth (co-host with Linda)
- Entertainment and Earth Invasion Tonite (host)
- Tea with Titans (host)
- Who Dares to Be a Millionaire? (host)
- Morbo's Movie Reviews (host)
Relationship with Linda
He seems to treat Linda with contempt, the same way he would treat any other Human. However, a deleted scene of Into the Wild Green Yonder shows that he was visibly upset that she was no longer around, and violently shook the camera, which could imply that he cares for her to a degree.
- Fawn, wife.
- Numerous and belligerent offspring.
- Morbo has been known to sing karaoke. His skills appear rather sub-par, but no one seems to notice (or are too afraid of offending him in any way).
- His name is on the Walk of Fame in Los Angeles.
- His appearance is based on the aliens of the movies Invasion of the Saucer Men or Mars Attacks!.
- There is a Futurama animation cell available featuring the Morboians, his species, invading Earth.
- In several episodes, Linda newscasts alone. According to the commentaries, this is because the writers leave him out of episodes that have a large focus on aliens.
- His favorite film is Mars Attacks!
Morbo: Windmills do not work that way. Good night!
Linda: In all, this is one day Mittens the Kitten won't soon forget.
Morbo: [Laughs.] Kittens give Morbo gas.
Morbo: In lighter news, the city of New New York is doomed.
Linda: [Referring to the turtles migrating to Holland.] I'm sure those windmills will keep them cool.
Morbo: [To Linda.] Windmills do not work that way! [To viewers.] Goodnight!
Morbo: All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
Morbo: [To Fawn.] Stop it, stop it. It's fine. I will destroy you.
Morbo: Morbo will now introduce tonight's candidates. Puny human number one, puny human number two and Morbo's good friend, Richard Nixon.
Nixon's head: Hello, Morbo. How's the family?
Morbo: Belligerent and numerous.
Nixon's head: Good man!
Morbo: Morbo congratulates our gargantuan cyborg president. May death come quickly to his enemies!
Linda: Why do you always get to read the top story, Morbo?
Morbo: Because viewers trust a deep male voice, and huge, throbbing forehead veins! [Head veins pulsate.]
Morbo: At the risk of editorializing, this reporter applauds the demise of the pathetic human species!
Morbo: Morbo can't understand his teleprompter because he forgot how you say that letter that's shaped like a man wearing a hat.
Linda: It's a T. It goes "tuh".
Morbo: Hello, little man. I will destroy you!
Morbo: I hated Jim!
Linda: Tonight at 11: