|Relatives||Fawn, wife. |
Numerous belligerent offspring.
|First appearance||"A Big Piece of Garbage" (1ACV08)|
|Voiced by||Maurice LaMarche|
Morbo the Annihillator is an alien working as a reporter on Earth. He and Linda co-host several shows on Channel √2, most prominently, the news. A violent alien and a good friend of Richard Nixon's head, he is also obsessed with taking over Earth, mentioning it in almost every appearance. Apparently, he is the scout of an impending alien invasion, although it is possible that his evil is just an act used to increase ratings. He always refers to himself in the third person, and his exposed torso is terrifying beyond imagination.
- Channel √2 News (co-host with Linda)
- Good Morning, Earth (co-host with Linda)
- Entertainment and Earth Invasion Tonite (host)
- Who Dares To Be A Millionaire? (host)
- Morbo's head is capable of inflating and deflating, suggesting that it may contain his lungs.
- There is a Futurama animation cell available featuring Morbo's species invading Earth.
- In several episodes Linda newscasts alone. According to commentaries, this is because they leave him out of episodes that have a large focus on aliens.
- He has been known to sing karaoke. His skills appear rather sub-par, but no one seems to notice.
- Morbo's appearance is based on the aliens of the movie Invasion of the Saucer Men.
Morbo: Puny Earthlings were shocked today to learn that a gigantic ball of garbage will destroy their pathetic city of New New York.
Linda: In all, this is one day Mittens the kitten won't soon forget.
Morbo: [laughes] Kittens give Morbo gas.
Morbo: In lighter news, the city of New New York is doomed.
Linda: [refering to the turtles migrating to Holland] I'm sure those windmills will keep them cool.
Morbo: [to Linda] Windmills do not work that way! [to viewers] Goodnight!
Morbo: All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
Morbo: [to Fawn] Stop it, stop it. It's fine. I will destroy you.
Morbo: Presenting puny human number one, puny human number two and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.
Nixon's head: Hello Morbo, how's the family?
Morbo: Belligerent and numerous.
Morbo: Morbo congratulates our gargantuan cyborg president. May death come quickly to his enemies!
Linda: Why do you always get to read the top story, Morbo?
Morbo: Because viewers trust a deep male voice, and huge throbbing forehead veins! [Head veins pulsate.]
Morbo: At the risk of editorializing, this reporter applauds the demise of the pathetic human species!
Morbo: Morbo can't understand his teleprompter because he forgot how you say that letter that's shaped like a man wearing a hat.
Linda: It's a T. It goes "tuh".
Morbo: Hello, little man. I will destroy you!
Morbo: I hated Jim!