"Simpsorama" is an upcoming episode of The Simpsons the story of which features the characters of Futurama. It was announced on 20 July 2013, at Comic-Con, by Simpsons executive producer Al Jean.
The episode was written by Futurama and Simpsons writer J. Stewart Burns. It was initially scheduled to be recorded in August 2013,  but it appears to have actually been recorded in September.  It will air on Fox, as either the season-25 finale, in May 2014, or the season-26 premiere, in fall 2014. 
Bart Simpson does something that affects the future in a really bad way, so Bender travels back in time to kill him. 
Al Jean said of the episode:
|| Futurama is such an easy fit. (...) It's really funny, and their show lends itself to any variety of plot lines. By having them on, we have a little freedom... The biggest thrill for me is that we don't have to adjust the animation style. 
On 19 September 2013, cast member John DiMaggio posted a picture of the episode's production script on his Twitter page,  revealing the episode's title.
- A crossover episode for The Simpsons and Family Guy, titled "The Simpsons Guy", was announced two days before this episode was. 
- The writer of the episode, J. Stewart Burns, has written for both shows. Other people who have written for both shows include Bill Odenkirk, Brian Kelley, Dan Vebber, David X. Cohen, Eric Kaplan, Jeff Westbrook, Josh Weinstein, Ken Keeler, and Patric M. Verrone. Burns also wrote the Futurama video game.
- This is the second speaking appearance of a Futurama character in a Simpsons episode. John DiMaggio voiced Bender in the season-16 episode "Future-Drama".
- The episode's plot seems to be based on that of the Star Trek episode "The City on the Edge of Forever", the writer of which, Harlan Ellison, was credited for the synopsis by Al Jean after the episode's announcement. 
- Coincidentally, Ellison will guest-star in a season-25 episode of The Simpsons. 
- (In alphabetic order)