|The Simpsons episode|
|Written by||J. Stewart Burns |
|First air date||Fall 2014 |
The episode was written by Futurama-and-Simpsons writer J. Stewart Burns. It was initially scheduled to be recorded in August 2013,  but it appears to have actually been recorded in September.  It will air on Fox, in fall 2014. 
Al Jean said of the episode:
|“||Futurama is such an easy fit. (...) It's really funny, and their show lends itself to any variety of plot lines. By having them on, we have a little freedom... The biggest thrill for me is that we don't have to adjust the animation style. ||”|
On 6 March, it was revealed that the episode would air in the fall.  At the time, the episode was expected to air in May, as the season-25 finale.   It was also revealed that Maurice LaMarche, who often guest-stars on The Simpsons, would be in the episode.
- A crossover episode for The Simpsons and Family Guy, titled "The Simpsons Guy", was announced two days before this episode was. 
- The writer of the episode, J. Stewart Burns, has written for both shows. Other people who have written for both shows include Bill Odenkirk, Brian Kelley, Dan Vebber, David X. Cohen, Eric Kaplan, Jeff Westbrook, Josh Weinstein, Ken Keeler, and Patric M. Verrone. Burns also wrote the Futurama video game.
- This is the second speaking appearance of a Futurama character in a Simpsons episode. John DiMaggio voiced Bender in the season-16 episode "Future-Drama".
DiMaggio also voiced Bender in The Simpsons Game, and Billy West voiced Zoidberg.
- The episode's plot seems to be based on that of the Star Trek episode "The City on the Edge of Forever", the writer of which, Harlan Ellison, was credited for the synopsis by Al Jean after the episode's announcement. 
- Coincidentally, Ellison guest-starred in the season-25 episode of The Simpsons "Married to the Blob", which aired in the same year as this episode is scheduled to air.
- ^ a b c d e f Dan Snierson (20 July 2013). 'The Simpsons' to join forces with 'Futurama' for crossover episode. (Entertainment Weekly.) Retrieved on 24 July 2013.
- ^ a b c Terry Terrones (06 March 2014). Q&A: ‘The Simpsons’ producer Al Jean talks Legos, Sideshow Bob and the ‘Futurama’ crossover. (Gazette Blogs.) Retrieved on 21 March 2014.
- ^ John DiMaggio (19 September 2013). TheJohnDiMaggio. (Twitter.) Retrieved on 19 September 2013.
- ^ a b John DiMaggio (19 September 2013). TheJohnDiMaggio. (Twitter.) Retrieved on 19 September 2013.
- ^ Kyle Anderson (17 December 2013). David X. Cohen Reflects on the End of FUTURAMA. (Nerdist.com.) Retrieved on 18 December 2013.
- ^ Dan Snierson (11 October 2013). 'Simpsons' producer on mystery death: Even the actor doesn't know yet | Inside TV. (Entertainment Weekly.) Retrieved on 12 November 2013.
- ^ Dan Snierson (18 July 2013). 'The Simpsons,' 'Family Guy' doing crossover episode. (Entertainment Weekly.) Retrieved on 24 July 2013.