Talk:Planet Express ship
|Planet Express ship appeared on the Infosphere's Main Page as the featured article for Fortnight 3, 2009. This article (or a previous version of it) has been identified as one of the best produced by the Infosphere community. If you can update or improve it, please do.|
Actually the auto pilot appears in Bendless Love. Also as the voice is the same as the ship's (before the personality change) they may not be seprate entities. Also in Love and Rocket Ship handled auto pilot duties.
The Planet Express Ship is a Character? And, is it a Primary Character? It should be... OK, I don't know what it could be... but the infobox could be an item infobox, just like Nimbus.--126.96.36.199 22:18, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- The Planet Express Ship has certain features that develops it from beyond a regular item like the Nimbus into an actual character. We used to have a discussion about this, whether to keep it an item or make it a character, we decided that the ship itself has certain characteristics that made it into a character.
- Of course, not all episodes represent the ship as a character, but I can mention the some highlighting it as a personality:
- "How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back" - The ship's auto-pilot is referred to as having its own personality, well, alcoholic. But what's next, are you saying Bender isn't a character?
- "Love and Rocket" - Perhaps the most obvious choice, wherein the ship actually gains a personality and a relationship with Bender.
- In fact, the latter episode is what caused us to make it a character. Despite it being 'ended' near the episode's end, we felt that it actually turned it into a character, and we felt we should avoid character an extra page for the character the ship is in that episode. And since we agreed, that if ship was going to be a character, it ought to be a primary character, as it is so important to the show.
- I hope the sums up our reasoning. --Svip 22:25, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
Oh, you're right. It's OK then.-- the preceding unsigned comment was written by 188.8.131.52.
- I get it being a character, but why is it a primary character? It is important to the show as an item, but as a character, it only makes two appearances, only one of which is a major story. Because of this, I think it should be a secondary character, rather than a primary character. Kif (talk) 03:08, 11 August 2012 (CEST)