Your text here
- "To be honest, I only seee the need for one wiki to exist covering any given topic (exceptions exist where wikis are only editable by registered users and no one can freely register, I don't count those as wikis) and as such I only intend to be active on one wiki for any given topic (plus wikipedia). [...] Thanks, but no." - Quolnok 20:02, 24 November 2006 (PST)
Four Futurama wikis? We needn't have two! Does the fact that you made a second Futurama wiki mean you are closing down the other one, or are we just spreading the Futurama-wikiers as far as possible? (that sounded less negative in my head) - Quolnok 17:45, 3 December 2006 (PST)
"This user is on break" is the greatest thing I ever saw! I was thinking of boring stuff like proficiency in AL1/AL2 and how many episodes you can name (I can name them all within five seconds of starting. If I memorized the title captions, I'd be faster.) -- Buddy13 19:56, 3 December 2006 (PST)
- Thanks. I was hoping to have a few more along the lines of that one. Also, I can't believe I didn't do the AL1/AL2 boxes, those are the ones Dagpile was trying on his userpage. - Quolnok 21:39, 3 December 2006 (PST)
Congratulations and... newbie mistake
I'd like to congratulate you all for making this interesting site. And, errr, I want to seize the opportunity to say that I have made a newbie mistake: I have made an article for Glagnar's Human Rinds but I didn't realize that this information is included in Sponsors (oops, sorry). I have partially fixed the mistake and now there isn't any article linking it, so it might be erased, and the image Glagnars.jpg too. Sorry and thanks. Bender22 01:38, 7 December 2006 (PST)
- I'm sure everyone here's pleased to be helping to provide a useful website, particularly Buddy, who created it. As for the mistake, everyone's entitled to a few. You've been uploading quality screens too, which is always helpful, although the duplicates you mentioned will have to go. - Quolnok 02:06, 7 December 2006 (PST)
Replacing image logo
Do you know how to put a logo on a wiki using the image replacing way? What is the image replacing way? --Electricbolt 12:07, 31 December 2006 (PST)
- You'd need to find where the image was uploaded first, then upload a new image with the same name over the top of it. - Quolnok 18:29, 31 December 2006 (PST)
Yes, and I was wondering how to create a logo on a wiki. The logo is title "Infosphere.png", but there isn't this image. Do you know how to change a logo? --Electricbolt 19:16, 31 December 2006 (PST)
- A new logo for this wiki? If so just upload to Image:NewLogo.png and bring up the possibility of changing the logo on the Conference Table. If you're talking about another wiki, then I'm a little concerned by the name of the file. - Quolnok 19:32, 31 December 2006 (PST)
Do you know where to find a PHP template in MediaWiki wikis? --Electricbolt 11:57, 6 January 2007 (PST)
- Not a clue, but there's probably a help page somewhere. - Quolnok 17:41, 6 January 2007 (PST)
Do you know how to "rip" images from DVDs? --Electricbolt 14:48, 27 January 2007 (PST)
- If you mean "rip" as in to extract directly from the data on the disc then no, if you mean via a screenshot from a playing DVD, then yes; I use Nero ShowTime (included with most recent Nero burning software), which has a screenshot button. There are other programs with this feature but I can't list them off the top of my head, windows media player isn't one of them. - Quolnok 17:37, 27 January 2007 (PST)
I have Intervideo WinDVD 4, which has a screenshot button, but I do not have a right version, or either it is currently unavailable. It is the "P" button.
- Unfortunately I don't think I can help you there, but check out that programs help pages and website. They may be useful. - Quolnok 15:36, 28 January 2007 (PST)
How I take screenshots (using MediaPlayer and Invervideo): Open the DVD in MediaPlayer, pause it (in a chapter, not the menu), then open IVWDVD, and find the place you want to take a screenshot of. Then activate the video window (as opposed to the control thingy), and hit CTRL or Shift + Print Screen. Open photoshop (or MSPaint, if you really have to) and crop off the edges of the window. Save as JPG, quality 80 or so. That's how I do it. Windows won't normally let you take a screenshot of a DVD (because they like to tell you what you can and can't do with things you own), but opening the DVD in two players confuses the blocking thingy. -- Buddy13 11:39, 29 January 2007 (PST)
Hey Quolnok, No, WA is on the same issue as the Eastern States (#23), however, since #24 came out in the US I have been buying the US editions from the comic store in Perth.
EDIT: Is it really true that the Time Bender Trilogy TPB isn't to be commercially released in Australia? Glad I got it from the comic store while I could, then :P
- Yeah, I emailed HarperCollins Australia and they don't plan to publish it, but someone else might. They suggested overseas orders. I'm getting it through the US. The reissue of #16 is the next one out, but reissues are only done in the eastern states. - Quolnok 19:13, 29 January 2007 (PST)
- Thanks for that also could you delete the pages he created like David X. Cohen is Hitler Food I moved the pages back but the pages are still there- Humerbot 0.4 04:27, 13 February 2007 (PST)
Your Template work
You seem to like templates. However, I strongly suggest you get the if parse extension. Trust me, you'll love it. That would mean you could have a single template for all episodes, even films. O_O Trust me, I am super hax to working with templates, and I suggest you get all the episodes listed in a single template, so users can click any episode if they like. I made it in here, cause you seem to the make the template master. You know what I mean, cause you haven't seen my skills yet. ·_· --Svip 16:53, 23 March 2007 (PDT)
- Well, I'm not able to access the areas needed to install the parser, which requires at least MediaWiki 1.6 anyway. I did mention the function, for other purposes, to Buddy at one point. Actually my first design for the nav used the default value option templates can have in later versions, it doesn't yet work here so I just went with what was possible.
As for a mass list of all episodes on each episode article, someone attempted one at one point but never finished and it got deleted. I created the first NavTemplate after seeing similar on other wikis, it looked wierd at the top where the others had it due to the structure of our articles. I have seen a number of places with the template you are refering to and they can look good, I think I'd want to hide the large list by default (not possible here). A conversion of the current one at wikipedia may be okay, but we'd end up with two lumps at the bottom of the articles.
Thanks for fixing all those; I started to, but when I was gone for so long Buddy took my admin status so I can't actually revert or ban anymore. Going through to edit & resave the last version of each from the history seemed like a pain in the butt, and it was late so I just left it knowing you'd be by shortly, heh. :) Gopher 08:10, 22 April 2007 (PDT)