Bender's love of cooking
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Bender's love of cooking is a recurring theme in Futurama, first revealed in "My Three Suns" (1ACV07) episode.
- Bender is caught watching Elzar's cooking show. When confronted, he decides to become Planet Express' chef. Bender shows a fundamental lack of culinary skills despite watching cooking shows, feeding the crew a meal that consists of salt water and "10% less than a lethal dose" of salt.
- Bender, envious of the attention that Nibbler is getting from the rest of the crew, bakes a cake that reads "Bender is Great" in an attempt to draw some praise from the crew. In contrast to his other attempts at cooking, it's edible, and Nibbler immediately devours it whole.
- The entirety of the episode focuses on Bender and his desire to become a chef, including him competing in Iron Cook. He wins, though it is revealed he likely only won because the "pure flavor" ingredient he used was actually LSD.
- Bender prepares a salad while participating in Farnsworth's euthanasia ceremony. Farnsworth later eats from it while chatting with the crew.
- Bender participates in a sausage making competition. He comes in third place.