From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
|Location||On the Moon|
|First appearance||"The Series Has Landed" (1ACV02)|
Luna Park is an amuesment park located on the Moon. The whole park is covered by a giant dome so humans can breathe. It is unclear whether the Monsanto Corporation owns all of Luna Park or just the Goophy Gophers Revue.
Locations of interest
- Bumper cars
- Receiving Depot
- Moon Street U.S.A.
- Souvenir stand
- Whalers on the Moon
- Goofy Gopher Revue (presented by the "Monsanto Corporation")
- Luna Rover ride
- Orlon Candy stand
- Luna Parking
- Virtual Skeeball
- Virtual Virtual Skeeball
- Mortal Kooperation
- Gender-neutral Pac-Person
- Luna Park is presumably named after one of the many real world amusement parks of the same name.
- Luna Park has its own security service, called the Moon Patrol, wrongdoers are shown to the nearest airlock and thrown out.
- The mascot of the park, Craterface, is a man with a moon shaped head made of cardboard.
- Strangely enough, there are no aliens seen in Luna Park. Humans seem to be the only patrons.
- The park boasts itself as "the happiest place orbiting Earth", a reference to Disneyland, "the happiest place on Earth", complete with Fungineers, analogous to Disneyland's Imagineers.
- The park has connections with the Monsanto Corporation, who sponsors at least one ride. This is a reference to the real-life corporation's sponsorship of several attractions in Disneyland's Tomorrowland in the 1950s and 1960s.