|First appearance||"Fry and the Slurm Factory" (1ACV13)|
The Slurm worms are a race of sentient slug-like aliens which is best known for producing and selling the soft drink Slurm. All the galaxy's Slurm is produced in a factory on their home planet - planet Wormulon. However, this factory is a front, as the true secret of Slurm is that it is actually a fluid produced by the Slurm Queen, much the way honey is created by bees. This secret is closely guarded, for obvious reasons.
Little is known about this race's method of reproduction; however, there are two clues to work on.
- The existence of a Slurm Queen suggests some sort of hive society, though this may be purely cultural and not related to reproduction
- In "Fry and the Slurm Factory" when Glurmo is cut in half, he becomes two smaller, but whole, creatures.
 Additional Info
- The word "Slurm" seems to be a combination of "slug" and "worm" and describes the creatures rather well.
- "Fry and the Slurm Factory" (1ACV13)
- "Brannigan, Begin Again" (2ACV02) Glurmo's 'halves' is the jury foreman at Zapp's trial.)
- "Anthology of Interest II" (3ACV18) Glurmo's 'halves' is one of the "Munchkin" like people in Leela's dream)
- The Beast with a Billion Backs Glurmo's 'halves' is seen to deciding to left or not Yivo.)