Talk:New New York
|New New York appeared on the Infosphere's Main Page as the featured article for Fortnight 21, 2010. This article (or a previous version of it) has been identified as one of the best produced by the Infosphere community. If you can update or improve it, please do.|
Changing the design
In my opinion, we should do some big changes to improve this page, including:
- remove the pictures (and description for those locations with its own page) from locations. These images make this page unnecessarily huge and almost never ending. The links are enough.
- Separate all the locations in 3 groups: Places of interest (Head museum, Public Library, Monument Beach, ...) Public services (Taco Bellevue Hospital, NNY Police Department, ...) and Private services (7¹¹, Rook Takes Pawnshop, Alien Overlord & Taylor, Jack's Fine Smokables, ...)
What do you think?
- I would call it Private Sector, but I certainly would like to see a new version of this article. --SvipTalk 14:11, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
Then I´ll do it. If there´s any problem, just go back to the previous design and everything will be fine.
- Hi, I'm new here but I have been active on the real Wikipedia. Why don't we try to imitate the real New York article. You know with Culture, Demographics, Economy, Infrastructure,.. I could realize that. Some pictures that already have their own articles could save space when we put them into a gallery. I finished a concept article, but will not act before you guys think it is okay. --Trickymaster 06:56, 11 January 2010 (UTC)
Shouldn't Hells Laboratory, Little Bitaly etc. be just neighborhoods, not boroughs? Because it is know that at least Manhattan (Planet Express building), Bronx (Mom's log cabin) and Brooklyn (Brooklyn Aquarium) exist in New New York. --Clamp-like device 23:48, 11 January 2010 (UTC)
Ok, Ok, Ok. I think everyone agrees Trickymaster did a great job in the article. It was an article that didn't fit the quality standards and now it's almost a featured article. But I think "Neighborhoods" is better than "Boroughs". — TheFry00:53, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
- I actually like the idea of 'Boroughs', if it is appropriately subsectioned with 'Manhattan' (which still needs its own article), wherein its neighbourhoods are contained. In addition, the entire article should be in prose and no 'listing' as it contains right now. --Sviptalk 01:08, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
- I was searching for a way to increase the font without creating new content sections. Then I checked that it looked the same in the main browsers (Firefox, IE, and Chrome). Seems to work fine. i tried to add some little stuff here and there, but I think it looks very different from what you have seen earlier today. Thank you TheFry and good night.--Trickymaster 08:39, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
Oh, you were talking to me, I didn't see your comment. You're welcome.— TheFry17:02, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
Buddy13 Not sure where I can get a good shot of NNY. I could get an easy shot from SP3K, but I was hoping for a nice, wide, overhead shot. Anyone know an episode where I can get a shot like that? Or at least a good shot that displays some of NNY's overall look?
[Whaler on the Moon] What about the one in "A Fishful of dollars" when the crew goes to Alien Overlord & Tailor? You get to see the skyline and Madison Cube Garden... that ought to be good. Incidently, Alien Overlord & Tailor should be included as well...
:Does every store or place in New New York really need it's own page? It'll make a lot of pages, but they'll mostly be very, very short (<200 words). Instead I suggest we format that section like other picture-lists (The Waterfalls, Minor Characters), with a list of just links to POIs with pages, then a table of minor POIs and basic info (Name, Appearances, Description)
Gopher 21:27, 18 July 2006 (PDT)
- You make a good point. Obviously big things like Mom's Robot Company, Planet Express and possibly a few others will retain their own pages. Things like Rook Takes Pawnshop shouldn't really get thier own page. - Quolnok 03:48, 19 July 2006 (PDT)
Then I have to disagree. As a hardcore futurama fan, I love every single shop, bank, restaurant, ... enough to give them their own page. What´s wrong with that? With the present system the New new York page is unnecessarily huge and the secondary places have only their first appereance (and not all of them). And why Rook Takes Pawnshop should´t deserve its own page? It appears not only in various episodes from the tv series, but even in the videogame! What we should do is put the links in the New new York page to those places´s pages. - Cornik 07:52, 25 september 2008 (PDT)
- You are responding to a discussion that is over 2 years old. Regardless, we have changed our stance on the matter, and basically regardless of trivial it is, if it is Futurama related, it's worthy of an article of its own. Only reason it hasn't been done? Laziness. --SvipTalk 18:10, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
Really? hehe...hehehe....muahahahaha. No, I mean, Great! It´s time for some changes ans lots of additions (I can´t believe that places like Central Bureaucracy, Big Aple banks or Ray´s Superior Court aren´t even in this wiki)Cornik. 20:00, 25 September 2008
- The Central Bureaucracy actually has an article. The other twos don't, though. --SvipTalk 20:11, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
Musuem of ancient weaponary
- Erm, you may have a point there. I just grabbed several screens but didn't rewatch the episodes. - Quolnok 01:39, 7 February 2007 (PST)
- The crew are in Washington for most of the story unless they brought the missile all the way from New New York - Humerbot 0.4 08:36, 7 February 2007 (PST)
- Moved across. - Quolnok 02:06, 8 February 2007 (PST)
Wouldn't the Deathball Arena caount as a New New York Location of Interest? Chris of the Futurama 17:24, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
- Since it is not Madison Cube Garden, I'd say so. But perhaps we need a section for Entertainment. Where stuff like Madison Cube Garden and Metropolitan House of Opera could be. --SvipTalk 18:02, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
Joe's Ark Pet Store
Joe's Ark Pet Store is definitely a location in New New York worth adding, but there's no real category that it could go under. I'm thinking we could add one for animals and biology, and that would also include the aquarium. I'm not sure what to call the category, but there definitely needs to be one. Any suggestions?