From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
|Relatives||Twelve Chicklings, children|
Sister's Chicklings, nephews/nieces
|First appearance||"Brannigan, Begin Again" (2ACV02)|
|Voiced by||Maurice LaMarche|
A simple Hyper-chicken from a backwoods asteroid, is the most frequently seen lawyer in Futurama. He is a father and has often defended and accused members of Planet Express crew. Despite being incompetent, he often manages to win his cases and if he doesn't, he usually tells his clients to plead insanity. He seems to be a successful lawyer and handles large cases such as the destruction of DOOP's headquarters.
 Defended and Accused
- Zapp Brannigan of blowing up DOOP headquarters (DOOP v. Zapp).
- Santa (really Bender) of being Santa (New New York v. Santa Bender).
- Dr. John Zoidberg of eating the Earth flag (Earth v. Zoidberg).
 Additional Info
- The Hyper-Chicken is modeled on Jimmy Stewart's Academy Award-nominated portrayal of lawyer Paul Biegler in Anatomy of a Murder. Trying a murder case in a small town, Biegler wins over the sceptical jury by repeatedly comparing himself, "a simple country lawyer", to the high-powered prosecutor, Claude Dancer (George C. Scott). The "simple country lawyer" became a model for many following portrayals, notably the entire show Matlock.
- In a deleted scene, Amy once admitted to sleeping with Bender's lawyer. The scene may have been deleted because they remembered that this is his lawyer.
- The Hyper-Chicken advertises on buses, the ads simply read "ACCIDENTES! (800)λλλ-λλλλ".
- In a deleted scene on Into the Wild Green Yonder, Zapp Brannigan calls him 'Matcluck'.
Hyper-Chicken: Now I may be just be a simple Hyper-Chicken, but I know when we're finger licked.
Hyper-Chicken: Now Pramala, I know its scary up there in that witness box but, t'ain't no need to fear me... BAAAKAAA! I'm sorry I thought you was corn.
Hyper-Chicken: Your Honours, freedom of speech entails to what comes out of a mouth, not what goes in...
Judge Whitey: Counsellor, what evidence do you offer for this new plea of insanity?
Hyper-Chicken: Well, for one, they done hired me to represent them.
Judge Whitey: Insanity plea is accepted.
- "Brannigan, Begin Again" (2ACV02)
- "A Tale of Two Santas" (3ACV03)
- "The Birdbot of Ice-Catraz" (3ACV05)
- "Insane in the Mainframe" (3ACV11)
- "A Taste of Freedom" (4ACV05)
- The Beast with a Billion Backs
- Into the Wild Green Yonder audience)
- "6ACV04" (6ACV04)
- "The Big Sweep" (US#010)
- "Planet Michelle" (US#034)
- "The Fry and the Furious!" (US#044)