Democratic Order of Planets
|Democratic Order of Planets |
|Location||Weehawken, New Jersey, Earth|
|Organisation type||Intergalactic supranational|
|First appearance||"Love's Labours Lost in Space" (1ACV04)|
The Democratic Order of Planets (commonly known by its acronym, DOOP) is a collective organization of planets who gather together to provide a limited sort of shared governance. The extent of their real authority is unknown, but they have been compared to the United Nations, or the Federation from Star Trek.
They were briefly housed in a four hundred billion dollar ($400,000,000,000) space station orbiting the Neutral Planet, which was destroyed by Zapp Brannigan during the ceremony to celebrate its completion (2ACV02). Afterwards, they returned to their former, somewhat derelict headquarters in Weehauken, New Jersey.
The DOOP maintains a fleet of ships which, under the direction of Zapp Brannigan, captain of the flagship Nimbus, engage in a variety of humanitarian conquests (2ACV17), as well as occassionally being called in to defend a member planet (1ACV12).
Known Officials & Officers
- Glab, president
- Zapp Brannigan, 25-Star General, Captain of the Nimbus
- Kif Kroker, Fourth Lieutenant on the Nimbus
- Dr. Veins McGee, Doctor on the Nimbus
- Francine, unknown rank on Nimbus
- Hugh Man, Ensign on Nimbus, actually a double agent for the Decapodians
Known Member Races & Planets
- Insectoid planet (name unknown)
- Space-Lizard planet (name unknown)
- Amphibios 9
- Neutral Planet
- Chapek 9 (also known as the Robot Homeworld)
- Nylar 4
- Decapod 10
Although an Omicronian is seen during the trial of DOOP v. Zapp, he isn't wearing an orange sash, so it can be assumed that Omicronians are not members of the DOOP (which explains their frequent war-like behaviour).
- Debris from New DOOP Headquarters, in orbit around the Neutral Planet
- Old DOOP Headquarters, Weehauken, New Jersey, Earth
- Nimbus, flagship of the DOOP fleet
- DOOP Army
- DOOP Hovercopters
- Exobiology Station 38
- The DOOP logo is a rotational ambigram, which means that it appears the same upside-down as it would normally. This may be an important aspect of logos meant to be used in space, as there is no traditional "up" or "down".
- Apparently, members of the DOOP can declare war on each other, as with the Decapodian Invasion of Earth.
- The defense of the DOOP member planet can mirror to that of NATO's Article 5 where an attack of one member state is an attack of all member states. Although it was originally designed for the Soviet Union in the Cold War, NATO invoked this article following the September 11 attacks in 2001.