Today I upgraded the server significantly. We are now running 1.22 MediaWiki.
I also took some steps to steamline the system:
- Removed the other subdomains (such as pool.) and unified them all in one wiki.
- Removed a whole bunch of unused accounts.
- Installed an extension to combat spam (note: this is not in operation as of yet).
As a consequence of combining the 'wikis', some data was lost. I have re-imported all the lost images, but a lot have lost their descriptions. I apologise for this inconvenience, but the complexity of a MediaWiki makes these hard to tackle, particularly if you don't plan for them. Which I'll admit I did not.
We look beautiful!
I'm glad our diffs are still different from Wikipedia's.
The "Navigation" and "Affiliates" headers are gone. Is that intentional? It looks a bit weird that the arrow for the icons is all by itself. And in order for the sidebar to be changed wouldn't MediaWiki:Sidebar have to be changed first?
- I think we were running 1.18. The disappearance of those headers and menus is strange. I will see what I can do. --Sviptalk 21:49, 15 January 2014 (CET)
R.I.P., Infosphere pool. Sanfazer (talk) 21:58, 15 January 2014 (CET).
- R.I.P., Infosphere Pool. Sanfazer (talk) 22:30, 15 January 2014 (CET).
- Only now do I realise that the acronym for I.P. is none other than "I.P.", as in "in-peace address". Or is it "I.S.P."?
- No. Let's just call it Image Repository Alpha. Sanfazer (talk) 22:30, 15 January 2014 (CET).
- The preferences page isn't loading. Sanfazer: [talk] 22:36, 15 January 2014 (CET).
- [Sanfazer realises the image-licensing templates are all gone, kicks door open.] Sanfazer: [talk] 22:58, 15 January 2014 (CET).
- [And leaves the room. Not seen again until March 2016, when a Chinese-intelligence satellite locates him in the Himalayas, where he has become the leader of a Buddhist sect of former wiki administrators and disappointed YouTubers who lost their faith in the World Wide Web.] Sanfazer: [talk] 00:12, 16 January 2014 (CET).
- Infoboxes don't have two colours anymore. Can you do anything about that? Or is that intentional? Sanfazer (talk) 10:00, 17 January 2014 (CET).
- Clicking the "request one" link on the login page gives "internal error". Sanfazer: [talk] 10:14, 17 January 2014 (CET).
- Looks good overall. For whatever reason you (I?) can't get to MediaWiki:Vector.css or its diff page at the moment, but could edit, so I've fixed the CSS on the edit page's box with a new bg colour and given the affiliates menu a more friendly (visible) menu button. There's bound to be other minor CSS issues around. - Quolnok (talk) 04:27, 25 January 2014 (CET)