From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Harry Potter is a fictional wizard created in 1997 by English writer J. K. Rowling. The character is the subject of the highest-grossing film series in history. Futurama has referenced it a few times.
References to Harry Potter in Futurama
- In "Crimes of the Hot", Al Gore's head tells the other participants of a worldwide conference on global warming in Kyoto that they need to defend Earth against pollution, as well as dark wizards, as he discusses in the book Harry Potter and the Balance of Earth, which he says is much more popular than his book Earth in the Balance.
- In "Fry Am the Egg Man", an inhabitant of the Scottish-like planet Doohan 6, after finding out that a flock of sheep has been deboned, says the names of three houses of the Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, which Harry Potter goes to — Gryffindor, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff.
- In "Viva Mars Vegas", Zoidberg plays roulette with a ball that has wings, likely a reference to the Golden Snitch, a winged ball in the Harry Potter universe, used in the sport of quidditch.
- In "Kickin' It Old School", Fry, Leela, and Bender take Cubert to a boarding school on Rowling VI, a parody of Hogwarts, where they meet a little boy resembling Harry Potter.
- Volume 4 contains an Easter egg of unused title captions. One of them reads "FEATURING ALL YOUR FAVORITE HARRY POTTER CHARACTERS".
|Family Guy • Godzilla • Harry Potter • James Bond • The Simpsons • Star Trek • Star Wars|