|Profession||Writer, Director and Producer at Everybody Loves Hypnotoad|
|First appearance||"The Day the Earth Stood Stupid" (3ACV07)|
The Hypnotoad is a large toad with oscillating, multicolored eyes, who can hypnotize anything at will, including an entire crowd of Humans, by making a loud, buzzing noise. It is an Earthican celebrity, and has two shows of its own: Everybody Loves Hypnotoad, which it writes, directs and produces, and Hypnotoad On Ice.
The Hypnotoad has used its ability on many: a few sheep and the judges at a pet show (3ACV07), an announcer, whom it hypnotized to death (BBS), and the viewers of the return of Futurama (6ACV01). It also had its image shown in the V-GINY, which suggests it is censorable (6ACV02), one of its webisodes featured on the eyePhone (6ACV03), and Hypnotoad On Ice interrupted by breaking news on Hedonismbot (6ACV07). With no relevance to the story, it was seen in Everybody Loves Hypnotoad numerous times (4ACV06, 6ACV11). The Hypnotoad is rarely seen not hypnotizing (ITWGY).
As a meme
The Hypnotoad is also a well known meme (also known as an Internet phenomenon). Futurama has spawned many memes, but this is by far the most popular. It is used as an interruptor of sorts. Its usage usually involves it being mentioned in a sentence, which is abruptly interrupted in the middle with ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
- "Hypnotoad is stuALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD."
- "Why is this Hypnotoad video so popuALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD."
- A full 22-minute episode of Everybody Loves Hypnotoad was featured on the DVD release of Bender's Big Score.
- Its eyes are naturally green colored. However, they do not automatically revert to green the moment it stops hypnotizing.
- The noise used is an auditory notice played when a button is pressed erroneously in the editing program the show uses, a product from Avid. An unnamed editor, most likely audio editor Paul Calder, titled it Angry Machine and looped it for the Hypnotoad. It was originally a temporary sound, but the audience and staff both liked it.
- It is possible that Hypnotoad uses the delta brainwave to hypnotize people. This is evident when Fry, the only person who lacks the brainwave, was capable of commenting on Everybody Loves Hypnotoad by saying "This show has been going downhill since season 3" and everyone else seemed to like it. (4ACV06)
- "The Day the Earth Stood Stupid" (3ACV07)
- "Bender Should Not Be Allowed on Television" (4ACV06)
- Bender's Big Score
- Into the Wild Green Yonder
- "Rebirth" (6ACV01)
- "In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela" (6ACV02)
- "Attack of the Killer App" (6ACV03)
- "The Late Philip J. Fry" (6ACV07)
- "Lrrreconcilable Ndndifferences" (6ACV11)
- "Reincarnation" (6ACV26) Future Challenge 3000 — deleted scene)
- "The Bots and the Bees" (7ACV01)
- "Decision 3012" (7ACV03)
- Everybody Loves Hypnotoad: "Amazon Adventure" (3H312)
- "Welcome to my Nightmall" (US#043)