Bart Simpson creatures
|Bart Simpson creatures|
|Homeworld||Earth (Springfield, U.S.)|
|Voiced by||Nancy Cartwright|
The Bart Simpson creatures are a group of creatures that were created after, in 2014, [SABF16] Disputed canon Bart Simpson placed a sandwich that he blew his nose on in a time capsule together with his friend Milhouse's lucky rabbit's foot and radioactive ooze came in contact with them. At first a group of rabbits, they later underwent metamorphosis, turning into Bart-like lizards, and some posteriorly evolved wings.
The creatures, who were multiplying out of control and destroying New New York (putting the price of starter condos at 99 quadrillion dollars), had Bart's father Homer's D.N.A., so the crew went back in time from 3014 to Springfield to kill Homer before they could evolve from him, but instead teamed up with the Simpsons and scientist Professor Frink. The moon was also closed for renovations.
Getting rid of the creatures
The team quickly discovered that the human D.N.A. in the Bart Simpson creatures had only been half Homer's and that the other half had come from Bart's mother Marge. In order not to kill Homer or Marge, they initially planned to kill the one of the Simpson children that had sired the creatures, who they eventually learned was Bart, but instead decided to dig up the time capsule. However, the creatures destroyed the generator that powered the portal that the crew had used to go back in time, causing them to be sucked back into the future before they could do so.
By promising them Butterfinger bars and tormenting them with the holophonor sounds of a unicorn, a rainbow, flowers, and a cat, Bart's sister Lisa rounded up the creatures in Madison Cube Garden, where Hermes locked them, and the Planet Express ship then shot it into space (like they do to each year's Super Bowl losers, who that year had been the Buffalo Bills). The creatures landed on Omicron Persei 8, where they caused more destruction. The city was rebuilt and the generator was repaired, allowing the Simpsons to return to the past.
- The professor used purple samples of the Bart Simpson creatures' D.N.A..
- The creatures' black snouts were originally pink.
- Homer was able to decapitate the creatures with his hands.
- After being eaten and pooped out by Nibbler, one of the creatures regenerated from the feces. 
- The creatures can make frog-like jumps.
- After being eaten by Lrrr, one of the creatures turned gray.
The Bart Simpson creatures were first seen in a preview clip screened at the Simpsons Comic-Con panel, which was cut from the episode, on 26 July 2014.  They were also alluded to in an article published online by Entertainment Weekly, on 4 September,  mentioned in a preview clip released by The Hollywood Reporter, on 6 November,  and seen in a preview clip released by the website TVLine, on 6 November. 
- Among the pre-metamorphosis Bart Simpson creatures are Binky and Bongo from Matt Groening's Life in Hell.
- Commonly referred to as creatures, the creatures are also referred to as monsters, killer rabbits, horrific creatures, "you little", Barts, goblins,  Bart's children, and horrible Earth creatures.
- The creatures' metamorphosis resembles the hatching of the alien from the Alien franchise. 
- Like Bart, the creatures say "eat my shorts!" and "ay caramba!", make fun of Principal Skinner (by shooting lasers out of their eyes and writing "SKINNER IS A WIENER" on a wall), show their butts, and write "EL BARTO" on walls. Other things done by the creatures include biting Hermes, stealing Planet Express's office supplies (which Bender considers inexcusable, even though he stole some too), eating Linda, shutting down one of the Channel √2 News cameras, attacking the population, removing Scruffy's mustache (which leads to him shooting himself), eating rocks, and biting Nibbler.
- The creatures reappear in the Simpsons mobile game The Simpsons: Tapped Out and in the Simpsons comic "The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror #21".
Bart Simpson: Wow! I'm doin' the same jokes a thousand years later. Ay caramba!
The professor: The only way to handle the creatures is to do what we do to each year's Super Bowl losers — shoot them into space. But we'd have to round them up first.
Lisa Simpson: Let *me* take care of that. If there's one thing I know how to do, it's manipulate Barts.
Lrrr: Look at this mess.
Ndnd: It would've disintegrated upon entry, if someone hadn't turned off the atmosphere last night.
Lrrr: I like it cold when I'm sleeping.
Besides...these horrible Earth creatures are delicious.
[Lrrr eats three Bart Simpson creatures.]
Notes and references
- ^ See also Dark matter.
- ^ "steelesaunders" (26 July 2014). Video by steelesaunders. (Instagram.) Retrieved on 16 November 2014.
- ^ Dan Snierson (04 September 2014). See the first image from the 'Futurama'-'Simpsons' crossover episode. (Entertainment Weekly.) Retrieved on 16 November 2014.
- ^ Lesley Goldberg (06 November 2014). 'The Simpsons'-'Futurama' Crossover: Is Marge the Key to Destroying the Future? (Exclusive Video). (The Hollywood Reporter.) Retrieved on 16 November 2014.
- ^ Andy Swift (06 November 2014). The Simpsons' Futurama Crossover First Look: Watch Homer 'Save' Nibbler. (TVLine.) Retrieved on 16 November 2014.
- ^ Goblins are also mentioned in "Teenage Mutant Leela's Hurdles" and in Bender's Game.
- ^ See also List of alien species.