Omicron Persei 8
|Omicron Persei 8|
|First appearance||"When Aliens Attack" (1ACV12)|
Omicron Persei 8 is a planet situated about 1000 lightyears from Earth, in orbit around the star of Omicron Persei. The rulers of the planet are Lrrr and his wife Ndnd. Its surface seems to consist mainly of deserts. It is the home world and capital of the warlike Omicronians, the single greatest threat Earth and the entire Democratic Order of Planets are facing. It seems to have a small, asteroid-like satellite. [1ACV12] In addition to this, there are hundreds of small moons in the planet's low orbit. [7ACV16]
Places of Interest
Neighboring Planets and Asteroids
- Main article: Omicron Persei System
The Omicron Persei system contains at least 27 planets, as Omicron Persei 27 has been mentioned and the number indicates which planet in the system is being referred to, with the highest numbers being furthest from their stars. Omicron Persei 8 is neighbored by the planets Omicron Persei 7 and Omicron Persei 9 as have been referenced by Ndnd. This is a reference and a gag on the common Earth expression, and book by John Gray, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, the planets that "surround" Earth on either side of its orbit. It is merely meant to hyperbolically portray the large gap in cultural understanding between the sexes.
- The name of the planet is based off of Omicron Ceti III in the Star Trek series.
- The Omicronian flag is red and has the letter "O" and the AL1 symbol for the number 8 on it.
- Omicron is a planet, rather than a star, featured in The Omicron Invasion (1984), the ninth book of a series by Stephen Goldin and E. E. Smith.
- Leela implies that the planet has a lot of sulfuric acid and giant lizards on it. [7ACV16]
- In "Simpsorama", Ndnd says that Lrrr turned off the planet's atmosphere. Disputed canon
Ndnd: It is true what they say... Women are from Omicron Persei 7, men are from Omicron Persei 9.
Lrrr: One of these days, Ndnd... [Points into the air.] Bang! Zoom! - Straight to the third moon of Omicron Persei 8!