|First appearance||"Forty Percent Leadbelly" (7ACV14)|
Salmonella is a guitar owned by folk singer Silicon Red. In 3013, Bender took a photo of it in order to have someone duplicate it, [7ACV14] which Red said that Bender would not be able to do, due to the guitar's sound being unique. Dr Ben Beeler later made a copy of the guitar using his 3-D printer.
Red told Bender that he got the guitar while "doing hard time on a Mississippi chain gang" and that he had had it "through 30-odd convictions".
Salmonella was first seen in a preview clip for 7ACV14, in April 2013.  It was also featured, as Bender's copy, in a piece of concept art of the 3-D printer  and in a promotional picture of Bender in bed with Jezebel,  both released by Countdown to Futurama, in May.
- Salmonella's unique sound may be a reference to Stradivarius violins, whose "perfect" sound no modern copy has been able to truly replicate.
- In "Hell Is Other Robots", Fry says that Reckless Ted's Funland was shut down after a number of people caught salmonella from the flume ride.
Bender: Can I have your autograph and also you tell me everything you know about folk singing and I'll take your guitar too?
Silicon Red: Old Salmonella?
Son... I oughta kill you for askin'.
- ^ 'Futurama' Writer Shares Exclusive New Clip. (HuffPost Live.) 13 April 2013. Retrieved on 03 January 2014.
- ^ Countdown to Futurama: Make-O-Matic. (Comedy Central's Tumblr page.) 11 May 2013. Retrieved on 03 January 2014.
- ^ Countdown to Futurama: Bender in Bed with Jezebel. (Comedy Central's Tumblr page.) 13 May 2013. Retrieved on 03 January 2014.