|First appearance||"When Aliens Attack" (1ACV12)|
The DOOP Army, also known sometimes as the Earth Army, is the protector of all planets that are members of the DOOP such as Earth. The Army is lead by legendary 25 Star General, Zapp Brannigan and is usually terrible in combat when led by him. They have suffered two major defeats at the hands of the Omicronians and the Decapodians. Winning their battles and/or wars is usually accompanied by a great loss of the DOOP soldiers. The Army doesn't seem to care about human life sending wave after wave of men to their deaths in often fruitless and/or arguably credible tactical decisions. Any man can sign up for the Army and drop out at any time unless War is declared but women are forbidden to join up as the men were distracted by them. Robots of earth are implanted with a Patriotism Chip, which in case of emergencies, can be activated forcing them to often unwillingly serve the DOOP Military. Soldiers of the DOOP wear green uniforms whilst in battle on ground and wear red uniforms similar to Zapp and Kif's whilst on the Nimbus or fighting in space. The primary assault weapon used for ground troops is a type of laser gun requiring a Jack In The Box style charging first. The troops also get a 5% discount in stores. The Commander of the Army, Zapp Brannigan, has access to Earth's missiles and weapons ready to be used during invasion. It is likely the restriction on women in the army has been dropped as two are seen on board the Nimbus during the anti-tentacle blockade of Earth. Their motto is "Join the Army, What Are You Chicken?"
There are a lot of DOOP members but these are the main.
- Zapp Brannigan, commander
- Kif Kroker, Brannigan's assistant
- Fry, former soldier
- Bender, former soldier
- Turanga Leela aka Lee Lemon, former soldier
- Dr. John Zoidberg, former military medic
- iHawk, medic
- Jellyfish Nurse, nurse
- Hugh Man, a double agent for the Decapodian army
Assets belonging to the DOOP.
- Nimbus, flagship.
- Hover Jeeps.
- Planet Express Ship, battled alongside the army in the defence of Earth against the Omicronians.
Affiliates of DOOP
- Decapod 10
- Eden 7
- Gandhi Nebula
- An army of Killbots
- Omicron Persei 8
- Assisted Living Nebula
- Spheron 1
- Tarantulon 6
Battles DOOP fighted.
- The First Omicronian Invasion of Earth
- The Battle of Spheron 1
- The Second Omicronian Invasion of Earth
- The Decapodian Invasion of Earth
- The Battle of Tarantulon 6
- The Anti-Tentacle Blockade of Earth
- The noise made when the guns are charging is the same noise Jack in the Boxes make.