Niagara Falls Hydroelectric Plant
|Niagara Falls |
|Location||New New York–Ontario border|
|First appearance||"Overclockwise" (6ACV25)|
The Niagara Falls Hydroelectric Plant is a hydroelectric plant that, in 3011, Bender used to water-cool himself after installing eleven extra processors. [6ACV25] Because Leela had left him, Fry jumped in the Niagara River in order to kill himself, where he accidentally found Bender, who had hacked himself inside out and become part of the plant itself. There, they had a conversation about Fry's problems and Bender's new lack of interest in them.
The Niagara Falls Hydroelectric Plant was first seen in a piece of concept art of Bender inside out, released by Countdown to Futurama, in June 2011.  It was also featured in a preview clip for 6ACV25, also released by Countdown to Futurama in June,  and (technically) in a promotional picture of inside-out Bender angry, released by Comedy Central, as late as August. 
- A number of hydroelectric plants exist at the Niagara Falls.
- In a deleted scene from "Benderama", the Bender duplicates consume the alcohol at the Cornhol Corn Ethanol Power Plant.
Randy: Well, if he's runnin' on twelve processors, he must be some place with a lotta power and liquid coolant.
Fry: [angry] Aw! You're no help at all! [sad] I'm gonna go kill myself.
[Cut to the plant.]
Fry: Wait a second.
Power. Liquid coolant. That gives me the option of electrocution or drowning.
Fry: Bender?! Are you in here?
Bender: In here is the only place I'm not!
- ^ "bendingunit6" (07 June 2011). Futurama: Futurama News Past 6ACV13 - No spoilers outside spoiler tags! - Page 23. (PEEL.) Retrieved on 06 January 2014.
- ^ "bendingunit6" (20 June 2011). Futurama: Futurama News Past 6ACV13 - No spoilers outside spoiler tags! - Page 31. (PEEL.) Retrieved on 06 January 2014.
- ^ "DannyJC13" (22 August 2011). Futurama: Futurama News during the 2011 Futurama run - Page 14. (PEEL.) Retrieved on 06 January 2014.