Monster Robot Maniac Fun Collection
Monster Robot Maniac Fun Collection is a single disc DVD collection released on 23 August, 2005. It contains four of the most acclaimed Futurama episodes (one from each of the seasons of the original run), hand-picked by the show's creators Matt Groening and David X. Cohen.
- Special Disc Introduction by Matt Groening, David X. Cohen, Claudia Katz, Rich Moore, Bender and Farnsworth.
- "Hell Is Other Robots" (1ACV09) Season 1)
- "Anthology of Interest I" (2ACV16) Season 2)
- Special Introduction by Matt Groening, David X. Cohen, Rich Moore, Bender and John DiMaggio.
- "Roswell that Ends Well" (3ACV19) Season 3)
- Special Introduction by Matt Groening, Bender, Rich Moore and David X. Cohen.
- "The Sting" (4ACV12) Season 4)
- Special Introduction by Matt Groening, Zoidberg, David X. Cohen and Bender.
- Al Gore Easter Egg.
Back Cover Summary
Quit your job, sell the dog and run wild in the streets! The universe will never be the same now executive producers Matt Groening and David X. Cohen have crammed four of their all-time favourite FUTURAMA episodes onto one astonishing DVD. There's no doubt about it - the Futurama Monster Robot Maniac Fun Collection ranks as one of the greatest Maniac Fun Collections of all time.
FUTURAMA is the epic, Emmy-Award-winning sci-fi comedy from Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons. Set in New New York City in the year 3000, it's a future unlike anything you've ever imagined... unless you've imagined booze-powered robots, semi-literate lobsters, and horrifying yet sexy cyclopses. Someday all comedies will be this funny... but you'll be dead!
- To access the Al Gore Easter Egg, highlight 'Play all with intros ON' and press down. Select the head in the jar to see a clip of Al Gore recording for the episode 'Anthology of Interest I'.
- The DVD menu shows Fry and Leela at a Drive-In Cinema in space. When clicking on 'Scene Selection' for each episode, the menu is the promotional image for the episode done in the styles of posters of Horror movies in the 50's with each scene selection saying SEE!, FEEL!, HEAR!, SMELL! and TOUCH!.
- The cover of this DVD depicts scenes and characters from some of the episodes on this DVD:
- Fender and Preacherbot from "Hell Is Other Robots" (1ACV09)
- Giant Bender, Giant Zoidberg and the DOOP Army from "Anthology of Interest I" (2ACV16)
- Farnsworth dressed in late 40's clothes from "Roswell that Ends Well" (3ACV19)
- Also Fry, Leela and two unknown Robots appear on it aswell (Possibly from "The Sting" (4ACV12)
- On the inside of the cover and disc, Giant Bender is shown eating DOOP planes. In the image he is incorrectly shown with an opening in the center of his mouth instead of his usually opening at the base of his neck.
- The commentary on the Hell is Other Robots animatic is the first commentary since "Spanish Fry" (4ACV17) Bender's Big Score
- This DVD is sold as a discount DVD now, along with individual discs of the Volume Box Sets. This has also been done with Family Guy and American Dad! DVDs as well.
- Its rating in Australia is PG for Adult Themes, Sexual References and Low Level Coarse Language. It is rated PG in the UK as well.