Richard Nixon's head
|Richard M. Nixon's head|
|Date of birth||9 January, 1913|
|Planet of origin||Earth|
|Profession||President of Earth|
Former President of the United States
|First appearance||"Space Pilot 3000" (1ACV01)|
|Voiced by||Billy West|
Richard M. Nixon's head is a world-leading politician. He was the president of the United States between 1969 and 1974. In the 31st century, he has became a head in a jar and has been the president of Earth since 3000, with a short interruption by the Decapodians in 3003 (4ACV05) and another one by Lrrr in 3010 (6ACV11).
President of the United States of America
Richard Nixon was born in 1913, and became the President of the United States in 1969. Nixon was president when the USA claimed to send the first men to the Moon in 1969, but as was revealed much later, the moon landing was in reality a hoax, as it was all filmed on Venus.
President of Earth
Little is known of what Nixon did between his death and the year 3000, though it is known that he had his resuscitated head put in a jar, and spent some time in the Presidential wing of the Head Museum (1ACV01). Nixon dislikes being a head, though—he was extremely fond of his old body, and describes it as "flabby, pasty-skinned, riddled with phlebitis—a good Republican body".
Later that year, however, he ran a successful dark horse campaign, and was elected President of Earth, sweeping the robot vote with his charismatic new robotic body (2ACV03). This body also was the reason why he could become president for a third time (after twice in the 1900s): while no body can be president more than twice, Nixon had a brand new body. Nixon's vice president was the Headless body of Agnew.
As a tax refund when Earth came into a budget surplus, Richard Nixon printed a series of $300 "Tricky Dick Fun Bills" to be distributed to all Earthicans in 3004 (4ACV16), with his picture on it. According to a deleted scene, the bill automatically registered a vote for Nixon causing him to win the 3004 elections.
In 3008, he won the 3008 elections. In 3009, vice president Headless body of Agnew was killed by the Feministas in an accident. It is not known who took the position of vice president since, if anyone. However, it could have been Dick Cheney's head.
In 3010, Nixon resigned from the Presidency when Lrrr, ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8, invaded (6ACV11). Nixon regained office afterwards, as he was seen with Zapp Brannigan trying to come up with a solution with the common cold crisis (6ACV24).
Nixon Makes the "Aroo!" noise because he reminds Billy West of a werewolf and also his performance is partially based on the way Anthony Hopkins portrayed the man in Oliver Stone's 1995 film "Nixon".
- Richard Nixon's head is an extra in the Toynami Futurama collectible of Zapp Brannigan.Underneath it is a peg. This peg is used for connecting Nixon to Bender's body when you remove his head. This is a reference to "A Head in the Polls", in which Nixon bought Bender's body so that he can be elected again since the law says, "nobody can be elected twice".
- Nixon is known to join the Robot Devil for poker nights.
- Nixon's huge robot body from "A Head in the Polls" makes a re-appearance in Futurama Comics #41, "Soldier Boys".
- On the commentary for "The Prisoner of Benda", Billy West explains that his catchphrase for Nixon ("Arrooo!") originated from when he was a child. He was watching a debate between Nixon and John F. Kennedy on TV, and Nixon appeared to be very sweaty and hairy. Everytime the camera cut back to Nixon, Billy said his 5 o'clock shadow got thicker and thicker, so he said to his Mom "He's turning into a werewolf!" and made the infamous "Arrooo!" sound.
Nixon: [following his re-election] NIXON'S BACK!
Nixon: That's it! You just made my list!
Nixon: Our planet has been through a lot this year, but we have not forgotten what is truly important... the great taste of Charleston Chew!
Nixon: [on $1000 bill] Quick, shoot 'em in the back, while they're not looking! [shifts eyes]
Nixon: The one secret no one ever suspected is that I DID stage the moon landing … on Venus! ARROOOOO! Muahahaha!
Nixon: We're Hopelessly outgunned. The Force is with us … but that's about it!
Nixon: King Kong's too old to help us now!
Nixon: Listen here, Missy. Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973, but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever. The only thing that's different is me; I've become bitter, and let's face it, crazy over the years. And once I'm swept into office, I'll sell our children's organs to zoos for meat, and I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place. Muahahaha!
Nixon: Now look here, you drugged-out Communist. I paid for this body and I'd no sooner return it than I would my little cocker spaniel dog, Checkers. [Checkers barks.] Shut up, dammit!
Bailiff: Do you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Nixon: I—um—[Nixon's head jar begins to sweat.]—Am I under oath when I take the oath?
Nixon: I am not a crook's head!
- ^ Comedy Central (15 May 2012). iTunes - Podcasts - Futurama: Countdown to Futurama by Comedy Central (Week 2). (iTunes Store.) Retrieved on 22 May 2012.