From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Revision as of 22:20, 19 September 2013 by Sanfazer
|The Simpsons episode|
|Written by||J. Stewart Burns |
|First air date||2014 |
The episode was written by Futurama and Simpsons writer J. Stewart Burns. It was recorded in August 2013, and will air on Fox, as either the season-25 finale, in May 2014, or the season-26 premiere, in fall 2014. 
Al Jean said of the episode:
|“||Futurama is such an easy fit. (...) It's really funny, and their show lends itself to any variety of plot lines. By having them on, we have a little freedom... The biggest thrill for me is that we don't have to adjust the animation style. ||”|
- A crossover episode for The Simpsons and Family Guy, titled "The Simpsons Guy", was announced two days before this episode was. 
- The writer of the episode, J. Stewart Burns, has written for both shows. Other people who have written for both shows include Bill Odenkirk, Brian Kelley, Dan Vebber, David X. Cohen, Eric Kaplan, Jeff Westbrook, Josh Weinstein, Ken Keeler, and Patric M. Verrone. Burns also wrote the Futurama video game.
- This is the second speaking appearance of a Futurama character in a Simpsons episode. John DiMaggio voiced Bender in the season-16 episode "Future-Drama".
- The episode's plot seems to be based on that of the Star Trek episode "The City on the Edge of Forever", the writer of which, Harlan Ellison, was credited for the synopsis by Al Jean after the episode's announcement. 
- Coincidentally, Ellison will guest-star in a season-25 episode of The Simpsons. 
- ^ a b c d e f Dan Snierson (20 July 2013). 'The Simpsons' to join forces with 'Futurama' for crossover episode. (Entertainment Weekly.) Retrieved on 24 July 2013.
- ^ John DiMaggio (19 September 2013). TheJohnDiMaggio: ;). (Twitter.) Retrieved on 19 September 2013.
- ^ Dan Snierson (18 July 2013). 'The Simpsons,' 'Family Guy' doing crossover episode. (Entertainment Weekly.) Retrieved on 24 July 2013.
- ^ "Mike" (22 March 2013). Ellison Coming To The Simpsons. (File 770.) Retrieved on 24 July 2013.