Commentary:Jurassic Bark (writers commentary)
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- The life of a Futurama writer (eight of which are the commentators).
- Mostly spend time re-writing.
- In the writer's rooms 24/7. David's room resembled a prison with a noisy washing machine nearby, but the second room (run by Ken) had couches rather than tables, only this room had windows, which had a view of animals and an electrical transformer right next to the window.
- A neighbouring apartment dweller's habits regarding the dog the writers call Poop Dog and a crow called Bread Crow.
- Plot development of the episode, was going to be mother, then father before settling on dog.
- Writing process overview.
- Cohen's preference to take one of three weeks off while writing for The Simpsons.
- Everyone getting sick at the same time.
- Live action takes less time to write. Non prime time shows tend to give the first draft of a script to the animators rather than a final draft.
- Another early plot featuring dog coming to life super intelligent the going into the sun.
- Troubles with too many/not enough jokes for a scene.
- Got locked in building, no conditioning after 10pm, chairs had nails pointing up through the seats.
- Most over educated writing staff.
- Toy presidents (action figures) were in the rooms that they had battles with.
Highlights / Quotes