From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- The 'O' in Swinton O. Scott III is O'Neill.
- This episode is an attempt to remember Bender's roots.
- Sound effects.
- Security camera behaves like a real one, unlike in other shows where they move on their own.
- Bender's age decided in this episode.
- John does a lot of voices in this episode.
- He won an Annie for this episode; Outstanding Individual Achievement for Voice Acting by a Male Performer in an Animated Television Production, 2001.
- Eric wrote both Flexo episodes.
- Swinton's first episode.
- Design of Angle-ine.
- Benefits of a montage.
- Fry has a bonsai tree shaped like the Planet Express ship.
- The producers wanted 'Clamp clamp ka-bamp!' to become a cereal name.
- Bender overcompensates when impersonating Flexo, despite them sounding identical.
- Magnets don't affect Bender if used on the chin.
- Robots dancing and losing parts was an idea that was developed early in development.
- It took two days writing to decide why Bender didn't just lift the unbendable girder.
Highlights / Quotes
- David X. Cohen: This episode really is a John DiMaggio festival.
John: Was this the. Wait, this is the one where that I uh...
David: Your throat exploded?