Commentary:Love and Rocket
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- Matt hadn't listened to any of the commentaries at the time of this recording, but knows that compared to most other commentaries Futurama's are more lively. He then mocks commentaries for The Simpsons.
- Milwaukee residents were pleased by the shot of their hometown.
- Influenced by 2001: A Space Odyssey, like several other episodes
- Social experimentation on monkeys and wire frame parents were the basis of the pick-up line tests.
- Originally, the bear cattle prodded by Farnsworth died and had smoke rising from it.
- Blending Planet Express Ship voices.
- Difficulty of writing romantic scenes for characters of vastly different size.
- A large discussion about the movie Alien.
- Leela's clothes resemble those of Sigourney Weaver in that movie, and those of many other military type female action heroes.
- Lucy Liu's second appearance. About six possible lines were recorded during the recording of "I Dated a Robot" for a later episode that hadn't been written.
- First appearance of the surface of Omicron Persei 8. The palace interior was seen in Lrrr's first episode, "When Aliens Attack".
- "Shields to maximum Yarnell" is a reference to mime duo Shields and Yarnell, popular in the 1970's.
- Strategic placement of characters scratching their butts.
- The script indicated that the candle lit by Leela is vanilla scented.
- Ship was originally to be eating the ice cream too, it was to be dripping down the wall.
- They used a quasar because they'd already had a black hole and needed something with similar properties.
- The storyboard artist hadn't heard of vacuum tubes and instead drew pipes.
- Bender is stopped by a diode that only lets electricity flow one way and is pointing the opposite direction, thus stopping him, as an electrical impulse, from passing.