Commentary:Three Hundred Big Boys
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- Episode had not aired at the time of commentary recording.
- At the time this was being written, there was a very big story in the news that President George W. Bush was planning a similar $300 tax rebate. But then there was a terrorist attack and everyone forgot about the rebate.
- One of the cigars' names was going to be a suicide bomber joke (script handed in on 10 September 2001).
- Episode is similar to The Simpsons' episode 22 Short Films About Springfield, which David co-wrote, but couldn't quite remember the correct name of.
- The film Nashville also follows a similar style.
- Increased challenge in the writing and animating process, especially when it needed to be cut down.
- David is asked in annual interviews what items from Futurama he'd like to exist, his new answer is the flying bicycle, Matt suggests the Fing-Longer.
- Suicide Booths and whether they could exist already.
- There was more offensive stuff about the stem cells earlier in the process.
- The Whale Biologist.
- Process of making the battle.
- Leela making a "karate noise" while doing something ordinary also happens in "Crimes of the Hot". This was done when they had cut another joke or didn't have one.
- The security camera transition is from Blue from the "tricolor trilogy" by Kieslowski.
- The writers often had too much coffee.
- Only some of the hyperactive Fry talking required electronic speeding up.
- The vomiting noise had to be duplicated as they couldn't record enough of it.
- They attempted to get as many side characters in as possible.
- Randy and his lover were to have fought over how to spend the money, accidentally burnt it, then decided that their love was more important.
- Roseanne Barr's appearance.
- The correct pronunciation of ambergris was discussed at length during production.
- Logistics of the tax refund.
- Cigar originally landed in an awkward position on the silk image of Zapp.
- Hyper speed Fry music is original by Christopher Tyng.
Related DVD Features
- A mention of the deleted scene with Bender on the roof talking about his sister.