Commentary:War Is the H-Word
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- They mention this was the season premier of broadcast season 3
- Why they spend time coming up with names for the gum
- The animators spent lots of money for the army poster that appears briefly
- They debated on what the professor says about brains was too insane
- They have made Zapp's skirt more female over time
- Billy's impression of Nixon is very funny
- Where the growl came from
- They joke about how obvious it is that Lee Lemon is Leela
- The original Lee Lemon had a ZZ Top like beard
- Zapp tends to use an extra syllable in his words
- Bender originally has a long speech about what men are like
- They praise the 3D department for the animation of the balls
- John does the voice of the southern soldier
- If the bomb is one of the balls or a weapon
- They say Moe's impression of Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce is great
- This is the one time in the show that Kif shouts
- Many people don't notice iHawk has the glass attached to him
- A part of the episode was influenced by Starship Troopers and another part by M*A*S*H
- They are concerned that Zapp and Nixon are oblivious to the explosions outside
- This is the first time Fry sings I'm Walking on Sunshine
- This was originally shown at Comic-Con
- The writers just tried to find a funny ball joke for two days
- The list of Bender's most used words was hard to make
- The Brain Balls' HQ looks like the Epcot ball
- Bender says all the words on his list within a minute
- The bomb ticks even though it doesn't have a timer
- The original newspaper headline said Earth Licks Balls, but was changed
- The supposed bomb explosion was added last minute
Highlights / Quotes
- David X. Cohen: It appears for like one billionth of a second.
- Matt Groening: It seems we spend loads of time coming up with goofy little names for things.
- David X. Cohen: So at what point do you the viewers figure out whats going on. We should keep it a secret until the end.
Rich Moore?:Can I say it now?
David X. Cohen: Sure.
Rich Moore?: Its Leela.
David X. Cohen: What? I must have misunderstood the story.
- Unknown: Oh My God.
- Matt Groening: Its coming up... wait.
- David X. Cohen: Eric only wrote one joke and moved it about five times.
- John DiMaggio: Hippidy Hop or Hoppedy Hip.