Commentary:Insane in the Mainframe
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- Some exciting comment is to be made ten minutes in.
- The first appearance of talking money?
- Lots of old style jokes through out the episode.
- Fry's scratch lottery tickets being the way for him to lose money was to be much longer and was based on David's mother having won $100 in tickets, spending the winnings on another $25 in tickets, then $4 then none.
- Discussing the design of Roberto
- They didn't include "Oww my side" as it wouldn't be as funny.
- Each time Bender is X-rayed he looks a little different
- Dr. Perceptron's sparks are hand drawn.
- Pointing out robots from previous episodes
- When planning episodes they use coloured cards with writing, the blue ones, used frequently, have "trial", "run away" and "tour" all of which are used here.
- That robots are built to be insane, like the mad hatter robot.
- The Crickets being crazy was David's idea, he apparently was the only one who wanted them.
- Difficulty of conveying emotion through robots and that a Cyclops is actually harder.
- Fry's "Battle droid" attack is like one used in The Simpsons which Matt and his sister used when they were kids.
- They made sure to keep Roberto alive.
- Talking about what the original closing scene was going to be.
Highlights / Quotes
- Bill: That's great animation.
Unknown: There's not many ways to mess up stabbing.
- Unknown: I still don't buy that Zoidberg wouldn't eat one of those sandwiches.
Related DVD Features
- The alternate closing scene discussed is found on the DVD as a deleted scene.