Commentary:Kif Gets Knocked Up a Notch
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- Kif and Amy's relationship wasn't pre-planned
- Wes' first episode.
- Matt suggested having the angry dome visible
- The writers thought jumping out of pants was something that happened often in Casper, but it wasn't. So Lee Supercinski, a post production supervisor, had to look through hours of footage.
- The Ship-to-ship intimacy animation is incorrectly (and ironically) attributed to the James Bond film Moonraker. The correct film is You Only Live Twice.
- Kif now has more pictures of Amy in his quarters.
- Similarity between the Holo-Shed and Star Trek's holo-deck.
- Likewise there's a similar doctor to Bones named Veins, and a sign referring to a Horta, which is apparently also from Trek.
- Whether the moon was a reused model or not.
- The term Smizmar.
- Bender is in the locker because the room is so small, explaining it in the episode wasn't as interesting as just putting him in there.
- Spinning rides at carnivals.
- There was a debate about whether Amy should be the biological parent, this way she is only really abandoning her relationship (briefly), not her children as well.
- Pointing out the jokes on the Calendar.
- Crowd scene dialogue is often not written in detail and the actors just say random things. Fry mentioning his face being stuck in pizza is an example of this.
- Kif often shakes.
- Billy did make Zoidberg's crying noise.
- Scruffy's jokes take three times as long as most other jokes.
- The content written for Amphibios 9 was enough for an entire additional episode, Kif visited the tree where he grew up, met his old neighbours, saw his family and all his old friends, he needed to get instructions for the quest to the birthing grounds, there was a river, they camped out overnight and they needed to collect three items in the forest including an egg from the top of a mountain for the tea.
- Footage of the birthing process.
- Took a cheap way out by making the children not need to be taken care of.
- Though it could be a spin-off.
Highlights / Quotes
- David's phone rings; he's not used to getting reception in that room.
- Attila the Hun is drawn with very Asian features and voiced with an East Asian accent. It is possible that the writers and producers were confusing the Huns with the Mongols (who were from present-day Mongolia). Although the Huns' ancestors may have been from central Asia, by the time of Attila they were living in what is now Southeastern Europe (Bulgaria region). The Huns are generally considered to be Caucasian (white) rather than Asian.
- If all of History's Greatest Villains (Attila the Hun, Jack the Ripper, Professor Moriarty, and Evil Lincoln) were sucked out of the hole blasted by Zapp in wall of the Nimbus, how did Evil Lincoln get into Kif's cabin to comment on his pregnancy?
Related DVD Features
- Some of the extra content on Amphibios 9 apparently made it into the Animatic, and therefore should be in the storyboards found on the DVD, but there isn't anything that isn't also in the deleted scenes.