Commentary:Bender Should Not Be Allowed on Television
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- Billy West and John DiMaggio beat box for this episode's Opening Sequence instead of the traditional theme tune.
- Monique was originally just a demo robot for the series but was popular enough to be included as a character.
- Louis is one of the few writers to write in all four seasons. Others include David and Ken.
- Calculon's voice is a mixture of a large number of actors.
- The noise the Hypnotoad makes is nicknamed Angry Machine.
- The teenage robots now have new beeping zits.
- They couldn't come up with a name for Human Friend so they just called him Human Friend.
- John, Billy and Maurice have had some terrible auditions.
- Once Billy was auditioning for a radio show with a hangover and he threw up all over the recording equipment.
- They finally get to make fun of the network executives in this episode.
- A lot of computers in the show are similar to Apple's Mac computers.
- They wanted to use some more pop-ups saying things like You're watching Futurama the show that doesn't encourage the cool crime of robbery.
- Cubert was supposed to be punched by characters when he became annoying but they thought that punching a twelve year old was tight.
- They use the joke F.A.R.T a lot in this episode.
- Donbot seems to have a child as he is part of F.A.R.T.
- The show produces many toy figures.
- Whenever they see H.G. Blob, they think of the little toy figure of him.
- Calculon isn't actually nice and is extremely greedy yet everyone loves him.
Highlights / Quotes
- David X. Cohen: What was the idea for this episode Louis??
Louis Morton: I don't know.
David X. Cohen: You came in and said "what if Bender was a TV star?".
- Maurice LaMarche: (As Calculon) Do you think so really?
- Maurice LaMarche: Look it's Morbo who sounds nothing like Lrrr or Horrible Gelatinous Blob.
David X. Cohen: You have a guilty conscience, because whenever Lrrr, or Morbo...
Maurice LaMarche: I'm going for a running joke here for the people that paid attention to all the commentaries!
- Billy West: God that guy should do his own movie promos. Come see it again for the eighth time.
- Billy West: He came in and said this place smells like cheese.
- Maurice LaMarche: Look it's Horrible Gelatinous Blob! Who sounds nothing like like Morbo or Lrrr!