Commentary:Bendin' in the Wind
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- The idea of the story was based on the idea from "The Series Has Landed" that Bender wanted to be a folk singer.
- Luckily there's lots of public domain folk songs.
- They were surprised to realise they got away with showing what, in the script, is referred to as a "crazy bottle".
- The commentators agree that, unfortunately, Patch Adams was impossible to forget.
- Apparently the voice work is done in the same place as the commentaries. Which is on the corner of Pico and Sepulveda.
- Beck suggested the use of more self deprecating humour.
- His songs were searched to find weird works.
- Bender's song is written by Eric Horsted, Ken Keeler and Christopher Tyng.
- The chase scene is based on one in Bullitt, where five hubcaps fall off the car, the same happens to Fry's van.
- In the original version of the animation the blonde woman didn't sit up after Bender fell on her.
- Discussing whether it should have been New San Francisco or some variant.
Highlights / Quotes
- Matt Groening: What do Executive Producers do, anyway?
Rich Moore: DVD commentaries.