From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- Usual discussion of who-voiced-who.
- Humorbot 5.0 returning in a later episode.
- The various sources of inspirations for Harold Zoid's old holo film.
- There was discussion about where the ink should be coming from, but they decided that it should be vague.
- Hank Azaria met David X. Cohen while at the recording studio used for both The Simpsons and Futurama and mentioned loving Zoidberg's voice and requesting to voice a relative of some kind.
- Listing various Simpsons actors who've been on Futurama.
- Dave Herman did the temporary voice for Zoid.
- DiMaggio jokingly complains that Herman's version wasn't used.
- Harold Zoid's name (and Zoidberg) is based on a game Cohen wrote, similar to his favourite game Qix, for the Apple 2 in assembly called Zoid, as well as actor Harold Lloyd.
- Matt Groening later bought Cohen a Qix machine as a present, it no longer works.
- Mentioned the fan reception of this episode as the worst ever and that the rating on gotfuturama.com was 58/100.
- One forum member reportedly bashed it at every opportunity, until Patric emailed to find out what was wrong with it, at which point he claimed the episode was okay.
- Script notes in the early stages included (from Patric himself) "the first act is over joked and the third is under and some where in the middle I lost Fry and Leela". David noted the possibility of needing a C-story runner for Fry and Leela.
- Old titles included "Zoidberg goes to Hollywood" and "Zoiddy goes to Hollywood".
- The audience pan was sped up from 15 seconds to 2 seconds to save time but keep the animations.
- Apparently the Star Trek nominated for product placement was actually Star Wreck.